Mankato Rear-End Accident Lawyer
Virtually every driver in Mankato has witnessed a rear-end accident. While on your way to work or school, you have likely seen a distracted driver fail to stop at an intersection and collide with the vehicle in front of them. Depending on the accident’s severity, victims may be left unharmed or experience grave consequences. Many rear-end accident victims suffer injuries that alter the course of their lives. Fortunately, accident victims have the right to pursue compensation for the damages they have endured.
If you’ve been involved in a rear-end accident, you do not have to fight for your right to compensation alone. At Knutson + Casey, our car accident attorneys know the ins and outs of Minnesota law and can apply our extensive knowledge and skills to your rear-end accident case. We are committed to thoroughly investigating and understanding your case so we can evaluate your legal options and advise you on your best path forward.
Common Causes of Rear-End Accidents in Mankato
Rear-ends are one of the leading types of car accidents in the United States, with 1.7 million rear-end collisions reported yearly. Since no two accidents are the same, there are several contributing factors at play in rear-end accidents. However, some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving: Drivers face many distractions behind the wheel. If a negligent driver allows themselves to be distracted by their phone, radio, or others in the car, they can cause an accident.
- Driving under the influence: Alcohol can slow your reaction time and change your perception of the world around you. Driving under the influence is a crime that often results in deadly accidents.
- Inclement weather: Hazardous weather conditions like wet or icy roads can make braking in time more challenging, causing drivers to collide with the vehicle in front of them.
- Poor judgment: Young or elderly drivers often misjudge the distance between cars. This can lead to a rear-end collision when they fail to stop in time.
- Changing lanes: When changing lanes, one car may end up in another’s blind spot, causing a rear-end accident
- Speeding: When a driver speeds, they need more time to slow their car to a stop when necessary. Many drivers miscalculate the time they need to stop while speeding, causing severe accidents.
It is in your best interest to contact a Mankato rear-end accident attorney as soon as possible after a rear-end accident. The skilled rear-end lawyers at Knutson + Casey have helped thousands of clients and have 30 years of experience helping rear-end accident victims collect the compensation they deserve. They are ready to help you pursue your car accident claim.
Can You Suffer Serious Injuries in a Rear-End Accident?
Even if a rear-end collision does not do significant damage to your vehicle, it can still wreak havoc on your body due to the force of impact. Some of the most common injuries rear-end accidents victims sustain include:
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Cuts and lacerations
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Following a rear-end collision, it is essential to seek professional medical attention. Some injuries such as whiplash or bruising may not seem severe at first but could worsen over time without proper treatment or be a symptom of a deeper medical issue. Additionally, the insurance company may see your failure to seek prompt medical attention as a reason to deny or devalue your claim.
How the No-Fault System Works in Minnesota
Since Minnesota is a no-fault state, accident victims often turn to their own insurance to cover their accident-related damages regardless of who was to blame for the accident. Your Personal Injury Protection Coverage (PIP) should cover your medical bills and other economic damages up to a certain amount. However, if your damages meet either of the following criteria, you may have grounds to sue the negligent party for compensation:
- You incurred $4,000 or more in reasonable medical expenses
- You suffered at least 60 days of disability, disfigurement, or permanent injuries
When you partner with one of our highly-qualified Mankato rear-end accident lawyers at Knutson + Casey, we will look into every detail of your accident and recovery to determine the total value of your claim. Our rear-end attorneys in Mankato, MN will fight aggressively so that you are fully compensated for your accident-related losses from either your insurance company or the negligent party, depending on your case’s unique circumstances.
Contact a Skilled Mankato Rear-End Accident Attorney at Knutson + Casey
At Knutson + Casey, we understand how harrowing the aftermath of a rear-end accident can be. While many assume rear-end collisions are simple fender-benders, these accidents can cause severe injuries that leave victims feeling the effects for the rest of their lives. If you have been injured in a rear-end accident in Mankato or the surrounding areas, our lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you need to recover successfully.
To learn more about how our skilled legal team can help you, give us a call at (507) 344-8888 or complete our contact form today.