St. Peter Car Accident Lawyer
Being involved in a car accident is something that most individuals, unfortunately, experience at least once in life. If the accident results in injuries – particularly when another driver is at fault– waiting for insurance to reimburse medical bills can be stressful. Additionally, the expense of vehicle repairs or replacement can be costly. All of the above happening simultaneously can be very overwhelming, but you do not have to handle your case alone.
If you or a loved one has recently been injured in a car accident, contact the St. Peter car accident attorneys of Knutson + Casey to schedule a free consultation. Our compassionate and dedicated attorneys can help evaluate the details of your case and advise you on your best legal options.
Why Knutson + Casey?
The attorneys at Knutson + Casey have nearly thirty years of experience of helping Minnesota families get their lives back after an accident. Our firm has defending all types of cases and have the experience and diligence needed to help you and your family receive the compensation you deserve.
- Our firm has been recognized by The National Trial Lawyers’ in their Top 100 Lawyers list.
- Our attorneys dedicate the firm to personal service and will assign one lawyer to be involved in all aspects of your case from start to finish.
- We work on a contingency-fee basis, offering legal counsel at no out-of-pocket cost if they approve your case. You only pay if you settle for damages.
Common Legal Scenarios After a Car Accident
After a car accident, certain legal scenarios can arise, adding to the stress and frustration you may already be experiencing. What are common examples of the legal battles Knutson + Casey can help you fight?
- We have experience in cases of injury or death due to an automobile accident that is another driver’s fault. We may be able to help you to settle for compensatory damages if your insurance company has not adequately covered expenses.
- We have experience in cases of injury or death due to an automobile accident that occurred by no fault of an individual, but as an unavoidable circumstance. In some of these instances, insurance companies may not cover what is legal and just or may commit bad faith practices.
- We have experience with cases wherein the other driver or insurance company falsely blames an individual for some or all fault in an accident. We can carry out an investigation to try to clear your name and settle the accident in a just manner.
Every St. Peter auto accident is different. Through a free consultation, our attorneys can determine the facts and details of your case, and advise you on your best legal options.
St. Peter Car Accident Laws
Car accidents in Minnesota vary legally from many other states, in that Minnesota is a no-fault state. For some clients this is quite fortunate, as it means there does not need to be an official party at fault for someone to pursue compensatory damages. However, it comes with a catch – a case must fulfill certain prerequisites to establish a basis to seek those damages.
Requirements for pursuing a personal injury case in St. Peter, MN:
- There must be proof of more than $4,000 in medical expenses as a direct result of the accident.
- The victim must have experienced 60-plus days of disability or disfigurement from the accident.
The term disability does not always exclude those individuals who suffered injuries but have been able to resume working. Some individuals suffer injuries to an extent that they may pursue damages but can continue working and living a relatively normal life. In other cases, the person is severely disabled, or even killed. In all these scenarios, our firm knows how to help you find the best approach for your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has been injured or wrongfully killed in an automobile accident, you do not have to look further for attorneys you can trust. Our sympathies are with you, and our firm is on your side. Contact us for a free consultation today.