Lake Crystal Car Accident Attorney
Statistically, most people experience a car accident at some point in their lives. In the most tragic cases, a death or serious disability can result. However, even less severe accidents can result in hardship, disability, and legal disputes – especially when the accident is the fault of another driver.
In addition, many victims are simultaneously dealing with repairing or replacing a car or truck, while also spending out-of-pocket money for medical expenses. Unfortunately, it is an unavoidable reality that all this happens at the same time.
If you or a loved one has recently been injured in an auto accident, contact Knutson + Casey for a free consultation of your case in Lake Crystal, Minnesota. Our law firm has the expertise to handle and win complex car accident cases.
Why Choose Knutson + Casey
The law firm of Knutson + Casey has an impressive reputation for providing excellent legal care for people recovering from car accidents in Lake Crystal and all around Minnesota.
- Our lawyers have decades of experience and established their firm in 1992.
- In 2016, one of our attorneys was named as a Top 10 attorney in Minnesota.
- The firm prioritizes cases, and one lawyer sees each case through from start to finish, unlike other firms that pass cases to junior attorneys for the bulk of the process.
- Knutson + Casey’s legal counsel is often on a contingency fee basis. This means the victim does not pay out of pocket, rather, the victim pays only if the lawyers reach a settlement.
Common Cases Automobile Accidents Cause
Legal issues almost always arise after a car wreck. Below are a few common examples of these scenarios where Knutson + Casey may be able to help.
- The lawyers have experience with cases where death or injury occurred at the hands of another driver, and the victim needs to reach a settlement. In some cases, the court awards compensatory damages. In cases of extreme recklessness on the part of the other driver, courts may award punitive damages as well.
- The lawyers have experience in cases where accidents resulted in death or injury due to no fault of anyone.
- The lawyers have experience fighting legal battles where an uninsured driver injures the victim, and the victim’s insurance is not enough to cover the damages.
Every automobile accident and resulting case is different. A free consultation from Knutson + Casey’s firm can provide the details needed to best approach a merited case.
Minnesota Car Accidents
Different from many other U.S. states, Minnesota is a no-fault state regarding accidents. This is a positive for some victims, because it means that anyone can pursue damages, whether the at-fault party has been officially determined or not. However, not everyone qualifies to pursue damages in a no-fault state.
- The victim must prove that he or she paid $4,000 or more in medical expenses (directly caused by the accident).
- The victim must also prove that he or she has suffered 60-plus days of a disability or physical impairment or disfigurement. However, this does not necessarily mean the person must be severely disabled or unable to work.
Knutson + Casey understands that every accident that has resulted in an injustice to the victim, those where financial and mental hardship have occurred, or injury or even death, requires a trial. The attorneys will do all they can to provide unmatched service.
What to Do After an Accident
If you or someone you love has suffered an automobile accident in the Crystal Lake, Minnesota area, Knutson + Casey may be able to help. Contact us today for a free consultation.