Who is Liable for Injuries at a Beauty Salon?
When you go to the beauty salon to have some work done, you have the right to be served by competent employees. They have a duty to ensure you are safe and have a sanity setting. Beauty salons have fairly strict health and safety regulations to abide by, and their workers must be certified to practice their trade by state regulators. When a beauty salon and their staff fail to maintain these duties, and someone is injured, the injured person may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages.
What can happen at a beauty salon?
Negligent work completed at hair, nail, and beauty salons can mean more than just a botched hair job that is not to a person’s liking. Negligent work can cause serious injuries. Some of the most common injuries experienced at a beauty salon include:
- Cuts and abrasions
- Chemical burns
- Wax burns
- Hair loss and scalp injuries
- Allergic reactions
- Staph infection
- Laser burns
- Bacterial infections
- Slip and fall injuries
Even injuries that seem minor when they occur can turn out to become major problems for customers. For example, a minor puncture or cut from scissors or a razor can become a major infection if the salon workers did not use proper sanitation techniques.
What about Botox?
Botox is a drug created by bacterium Clostridium botulinum, the same toxin that causes food the poisoning condition called botulism. Botox is often used in an outpatient setting for clinical and cosmetic purposes and generally involved injecting a small amount of Botox into certain parts of the body, paralyzing or weakening the muscles and nerves.
This treatment is safe when administered by a professional. However, Botox injections can be dangerous if done incorrectly or irresponsibly. They can cause severe health issues, particularly when the drug migrates to other parts of a person’s body. Victims can suffer from respiratory failure, paralysis, or even death. Victims may be entitled to compensation if a salon technician was negligent in administering Botox.
Some common reasons for Botox injuries
Some of the most common reasons people can become injured at a beauty salon include:
- A failure to test products. Salons should always conduct a number of tests to determine whether or not a product is safe to use. Failure to do so can result in a patron’s hair loss, burns, serious allergic reactions, and more.
- Failure to select the appropriate treatment or to use as directed. Salon technicians should always understand what treatment is best for their patron and how best to administer the treatment. Some common examples of this are improper wax temperatures, leaving hair dye in too long, not completing a skin patch test, and more.
- Unsanitary equipment. Salon technicians are trained to properly disinfect all equipment to prevent the risk of bacterial and viral infections.
- Using contaminated or expired chemicals. When chemicals are left open or mixed improperly, they can result in severe burns or allergic reactions.
What kind of compensation is available?
If you have been injured due to the negligence of a salon owner or employee, you could be entitled to various types of compensation. This can include:
- Coverage of your medical expenses related to their mistake
- Loss of income if you miss work while recovering
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
Contact Us Today
Have you suffered an injury from a beauty salon visit? If so, our Mankato personal injury lawyers can help you. Contact our office today to schedule a free consultation today. Our attorney team has decades of experience fighting for the rights of injury victims, and we know what it takes to reach a winning settlement for you.