Wade H. Abed II Partner + Attorney
Wade Abed’s practice focuses on businesses, real estate, estates, and vaccine injuries. The majority of Wade’s practice involves helping small and medium-sized businesses establish plans for future growth. Wade’s worked in business and real estate for over ten years. His experience in business and real estate helps him embrace opportunities to help his clients achieve their goals through strategy, persistence, and advanced planning. As a business owner, Wade understands first-hand the challenges and opportunities that many businesses face. He empathizes with his business owner clients because he has personally experienced many of the same challenges.
Wade believes a little bit of planning goes a long way. For estate planning Wade focuses on the client’s wants and needs. Wade can help clients understand the best legal strategy available to them, however, it comes down to what his clients really want. Wants and needs can be different. Every client is unique and their estate plan should reflect their particular wishes. Once the documents are drafted, Wade and his team reviews them with the client to make certain that their wishes are reflected in their plan. Clients should feel confident in their plan. After all, a client’s estate plan is about them, not us. When it comes to estate administration, Wade takes pride in knowing that he can help people in our community during the hardest times of their lives.
Before Wade helped found Knutson+Casey, he worked for a general practice law firm in southern Minnesota. Wade also has experience with banking, financial institutions, technology, and real estate lending and brokerage law.
- J.D., 2010, William Mitchell College of Law
- B.S., 2003, University of Wisconsin, Platteville
- Guest Lecturer, Minnesota State University – Mankato; Accounting & Business Law and Construction Management, 2012 – Present
- Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice
- Sixth District Bar Association President, 2013 – 14 (Vice President, 2012 – 13; Secretary/Treasurer, 2011 – 12)
- Triple Falls Brewery, Co-founder, 2013
- Greater Mankato Growth, Young Professionals, Member, 2011 – Present
- American and Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 2007 – Present
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Member, 2015 – Present
- Minnesota State University, Mankato, Small Business Development Center, Presenter, 2011 – Present
- Wills for Heroes, Minnesota, Volunteer, 2013 – Present
- National Business Institute (NBI), Faculty, 2014 – Present
- Educare Foundation, Board of Directors, 2014 – Present
Outside the Office
Wade and his wife Kellie have two sons and one dog. Wade’s younger brother is in the Marine Corps and serving our country. Wade’s baby brother is enjoying life as a college student. Every year, Wade battles his lifelong commitment to the yearly fizzles of the Chicago Bears and Cubs. For fun, Wade and Kellie, take the kids outdoor adventuring and frequently visit the Badger State for Wisconsin’s unique brand of fun.